Minors in Persian Language and Culture are required to complete six courses taught in Persian.
Note: Effective Fall 2023, all main campus courses have been renumbered using a new 4-digit numbering system.https://schedule.georgetown.edu/course-renumbering-crosswalk/p/#pers
- PERS 009 & PERS 010 Persian For Arabic Speakers I & II (6 Credits)
- PERS 011 & PERS 012 Intensive Persian Beginners I & II (12 credits)
- PERS 021 & PERS 022 Intensive Persian Intermediate I & II (12 credits)
- PERS 201 & PERS 202 Advanced Persian I & II (6 credits)
- PERS 364 Iranian Cinema and Culture (3 credits)
- PERS 366 Post-Advanced Oral Communication (3 credits)
Students with no previous Persian background should complete all language courses through advanced. Students with previous Persian experience may substitute language courses with content courses. Students with advanced Persian language may also be able to substitute language courses with content courses on a case-by-case basis.
Intensive summer courses and study abroad courses taught in Persian may also be counted towards the Persian Studies minor, on the basis of placement tests and the professor’s permission.